I want vacations Blog

Hello! My name is Úrsula Schüler, I'm a student of fifth year of the career of journalism in the University of Chile. This one is a blog for the exercises of my english's class :)

miércoles, 6 de octubre de 2010

The earthquake in a 18 floor


When the earthquake happenned I was in a number eighteen floor of a building in downtown Santiago, at a party with my friends. It was terrible, the building was moved a lot, people crashed into the walls, screamed and we fell to the floor because the movement was such that made everyone lose balance. It was devastating, I thought "we are going to die".

When the earthquake finished we realized that the building withstood really well, turned on the television and it inform us the magnitude of the disaster. Everyone was so shocked that immediately try to go to our houses, but the Transantiago had collapsed. We trying to communicate with our families, but telecommunications were also saturated. Only after three hours I get to my house, were all well OK.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi! I am Camila, your story of the earthquake was really impressive I was at a party too, when the earthquake started.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Camila! yes, those experiences were horribles :s And to think that there are still people in the south of the country in bad shape ...

    ResponderEliminar